Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Real Mean Don't Measure

Welcome to the first of hopefully many posts/recipes for good food.

I have been thinking about doing this for a while now and with my wife's encouragement, Here it is! I love cooking. I have never taken a class but have been tempted many times to take several courses, if not, get some type of degree/certificate in culinary. Given time and money I might just do that.

My wife, who has always enouraged me in my cooking and a participant in several of my creations/combinations, has multiple times asked me why I don't just put a cookbook together. She even made me up a title, Real Men Don't Measure. So in preparation of hopefully my own cookbook, I started up a blog to help myself. I hope everyone enjoys this.

I love the title. It fits me perfectly. I think thats why she came up with it. I dislike using measuring items. I just like to throw things together. Using my eye or my sense of taste or smell to put things together. Using my creativity to make the most mouthwatering food.

I will tell you what. My wife was happy when she found me. Cooking + No Sports watching = Happy Wife. Guys remember that!

In future posts I will give recipes, instructions and of course, how I prepare these items. Feel free to use, manipulate to your tastes and please feel free to give me your feedback.

Being that this is the first article there will be no recipe. My second might contain a recipe but I am currently making an outline of several posts. My next article will explain my measuring techniques since I don't measure.

Keep your appetites in check and see you back here for mouthwatering morsels!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you will post first!!! I am glad you are finally doing this :) Maybe I'll have to have you post a few of mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Found it! I'm eagerly awaiting all of your epic recipes. :D

    BB

    ReplyDelete